[Check on SSRN for my most recent papers. Please contact me for copies of the working papers.]
- Scrapping for Clean Air: Emission Savings from the BC Scrap-It Program
- (with Sumeet Gulati) May 2012
- Emission Trading for Air Pollution Hot Spots: Getting the Permit Market Right
- September 2012
- Adaptation + Mitigation: What is the optimal climate change policy mix?
- May 2011
- Does Country-Internal Migration Affect Trade?
- First Version November 2007, revised November 2012
- Internal and External Distance: Gravity Depends on It
- November 2007
- Do US Stock Markets Typically Overreact to Corporate News Stories?
- (with Murray Z. Frank, October 24, 2005. A separate detailed technical appendix has many extra tables with robustness checks and additional results.
- Internet Stock Message Boards and Stock Returns
- (with Murray Z. Frank)
This is the second version of this paper, released on November 7, 2002.
A newer version of this paper is available under the title Does Talk Matter? Evidence from a Board Cross Section of Stocks (download)
- Random-Effects Estimation for Spatially Autocorrelated
Unbalanced Panel Data: Geographic Aggregation Biases
and the Case of Transboundary Air Pollution
- Presented at the Econometric Society Summer Meeting at UCLA, June 2002.
The paper is available on the web in the
Proceedings of the 2002 North American
Summer Meetings of the Econometric Society:
Economic Theory, edited by David K. Levine and William Zame.
- Is the Canadian Dollar in Secular Decline? - Empirical Evidence on Purchasing Power Parity and the Links Between Exchange Rate Volatility, Transborder Capital Flows, and News
- working paper presented at the Ryerson University conference
on Exchange Rates, Economic Integration, and the International Economy in Toronto on May 17-19, 2002.