- Werner Antweiler: "Liquidity Provision and Cross Arbitrage in Continuous Double-Auction Prediction Markets",
Journal of Prediction Markets 7(3), 2013, pp. 63-88.
- Werner Antweiler and Sumeet Gulati:
"Market Based Policies for Green Motoring in Canada",
Canadian Public Policy 39(s2), August 2013, pp. 81-94.
- Werner Antweiler: "Long-Term Prediction Markets",
Journal of Prediction Markets 6(3), 2012, pp. 43-61.
- Werner Antweiler and Sumeet Gulati:
"Reducing the Environmental Impact of Transportation - British Columbia's Tax Policy Initiatives",
Canadian Tax Journal 60(4), December 2012, pp. 869-880.
- Werner Antweiler and Kathryn Harrison:
"Canada's Voluntary ARET Program: Limited Success Despite Industry Cosponsorship."
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 26(4), Autumn 2007, pages 755-774.
- Werner Antweiler: "Estimating Voter Migration in Canada Using Generalized Maximum Entropy."
Electoral Studies 26(4), December 2007, pages 756-771.
- Werner Antweiler and Murray Z. Frank:
"Is All That Talk Just Noise? - The Information Content of Internet Stock Message Boards."
Journal of Finance 59(3), June 2004, pp. 1259-1295.
- Werner Antweiler: "How Effective is Green Regulatory Threat?"
American Economic Review 93(2), May 2003, pp. 436-441.
- Werner Antweiler and Kathryn Harrison: "Toxic Release Inventories and Green Consumerism: Empirical Evidence from Canada."
Canadian Journal of Economics 36(2), May 2003, pp. 495-520.
- Kathryn Harrison and Werner Antweiler: "Incentives for Pollution Abatement: Regulation, Regulatory Threats, and Non-Governmental Pressures."
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management (22)3, Summer 2003, pp. 361-382.
- Werner Antweiler and Daniel Trefler: "Increasing Returns And All That: A View from Trade."
American Economic Review 92(1), March 2002, pp. 93-119.
- Werner Antweiler, Brian R. Copeland, and M. Scott Taylor: "Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?"
American Economic Review 91(4), September 2001, pp. 877-908.
- DOI: 10.1257/aer.91.4.877
- NBER Working Paper 6707
- Reprinted in "New Developments in International
Trade: Theoretical and Empirical Investigations", edited by Seiichi
Katayama and Kaz Miyagiwa, Kobe & Business Research Series No. 16,
The Research Institute for Economics and Business Administration,
Kobe University, Japan, chapter 14, pages 307-354.
- You can download the Technical Appendix mentioned in the AER paper from this web site.
- AEA members can view this paper on the AER web site.
- We have also started collecting responses to questions about our paper in a separate Questions & Answers document.
- Werner Antweiler: "Nested Random Effects Estimation in Unbalanced Panel Data."
Journal of Econometrics 101(2), April 2001, pp. 295-313.
- You can view an abstract of the paper on the Elsevier web site (the publisher of the Journal of Econometrics).
- If your university subscribes to Science Direct, you can also download the PDF file from the ScholarsPortal E-Journal Collection.
- I will make SAS code that implements the estimator available to interested researchers. I currently do not have a Stata implementation of this estimator.
- Reprinted in Badi H. Baltagi and George Sumney Jr. (eds.):
Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Panel Data,
Edward Elgar, 2003.
- James A. Brander, Raphael Amit, and Werner Antweiler:
"Venture Capital Syndication: Improved Venture Selection vs. Value Added Hypothesis."
Journal of Economics and Management Strategy 11(3), Fall 2002, pp. 423-452
- Werner Antweiler and Thomas W. Ross: "The 1997 UBC Election Stock Market."
Canadian Business Economics 6(2), April 1998, pp. 15-22
- Werner Antweiler: "The Pollution Terms of Trade."
Economic Systems Research 8(4), 1996, pp. 361-365.
- Werner Antweiler: Elements of Environmental Management, University of Toronto Press, Summer 2014, 414pp.
- Werner Antweiler and kathryn Harrison: "Environmental Regulatory Incentives
Underlying Canadian Industrial Performance," in Zhiqi Chen and Mark Duhamel (eds):
"Industrial Organization in Canada: Empirical Evidence and Policy Challenges,"
McGill-Queen's University Press, chapter 10, February 2011, pp. 339-403.
- Werner Antweiler: "Standardization and Technical Barriers To Trade:
Will standards become instruments of protectionism?"
in: Sherrie Bolin (ed.): The Standards Edge: Unifier or Divider?,
Sheridan Books, 2010. ISBN 0-9748648-5-4.
Articles (Computer Science)
- "Handbook on International Trade Policy", edited by
William A. Kerr and James Gasiford, Cheltenham,
Edward Elgar, 2007.
Journal of International Trade and Development
17(3), September 2008, 463-466.
- "The Economics of International Trade and the Environment",
edited by Amitrajeet A. Batabyal and Hamid Beladi, Lewis
Publishers, Boca Raton, 2001.
International Review of Economics and Finance 11(4),
2002, pp. 449-450.
- Werner Antweiler: "Ein Backpropagation Netzwerksimulator als
konnektionistisches Expertensystem." Wirtschaftsinformatik 33(5),
October 1991, pp. 398-407.
- Werer Antweiler, Andreas Strotmann, and Volker Winkelmann: "The TeX-REDUCE-Interface."
ACM Special Interest Group on Symbolic & Algebraic
Manipulation 23(2), April 1989, pp. 26-31